GOOGLE VOICE SEARCH: THE LATEST TACTICS OF OUTSMARTING YOUR ONLINE COMPETITORS
Google Voice Search is shaping how people interact with their devices – iPhones , smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Through a speech recognition technology, computers, and search engines receive queries from people orally.
The bot then crawls the system or internet for appropriate answers and reads the most suitable response to an inquirer. Sometimes, computer or search engine users receive results in a text-based form.
Is this development real? Yes, it’s happening in our current dispensation.
Do you know people are no strolling across the street to locate stores near them?
All they are doing now is to launch their voice search app,speak to their devices, and wait for the voice assistant to return the appropriate result.
If you’re not aware of this latest development, then it’s good you’re getting the fact here.
Yea, voice search existence is real. It’s gradually sending text-based search into extinction. As stated in an article titled: The future of voice and personal digital assistants, 50% of all searches are projected to adopt voice searches by 2020.
So, what’s a google voice search system?
It’s a technological product configured for people to instruct mobile phone or computer to execute various kinds of search operations.
Notable technological companies deploying voice assistant into their products include Apple , Microsoft, Amazon,and Google.
In the mainstream search engine world, Google is taking the lead. The search engine giant started incorporating search assistant to its engine in 2012. Google search engine major competitors – Bing and Yahoo are yet to feature voice assistant on their search engine.
Google initiative has emanated from the company zeal to enhance users’ experience while increasing its base. As more people are in a hurry to get a thing done, the enthusiasm for faster results per search engine query intensifies. This enthusiasm forms the primary motivation behind such innovation.
So if you have a website, how can you optimize your content for Google voice search?
The answers are simple, yet requires creative actions.
For details, kindly read further.
1. Include short and concise answers in your content:
Google voice search system reward short answers. Only webpages that contain a maximum of 30-words responses are indexed and returned to users. To take advantage of such development, you must provide short and precise answers to people’s queries.
2. Create FAQ pages:
It’s quite impossible to have 30-words content on a blog page or site content. Publishing content of such amount of words won’t rank well on a search engine. It’s best to either add 30-words answers to the blog content or use the FAQ section to respond to search engine user queries.
Choosing to create a FAQ page is effective. That decision helps you to target user intents effectively. Since search engine users will be needed brief answers first, you can optimize your FAQ pages for voice search ranking.
3. Optimize for Featured Snippets:
Getting your content in the search engine featured snippet is like a voice search cheat code. It’s powerful for Google Home and Alexa search result. Featured snippets are usually Google’s selected search results, which tops Google’s organic results page. They are placed right below the ads in a box.
Snippet sallow search engines to understand the nature of information embedded on each web page better.Also,they are best for providing a quick answer for Google voice searches. If your site meta description has a placement in such a strategic area, you have the tendencies of providing searchers the answers to their queries.
4. Write Content with natural language:
Voice searches are more natural than keyword searches. Unlike keywords searches, voice searches take direct users command. In most cases, there is no compression of text. The searchers speak into the phone with a text of an average of 7 words counts.
When you write naturally, there is every tendency of having your content optimized for voice searches. This form of writing is usually the best way of writing contents that engage voice searchers. In keywords searches, a searcher may limit the word to one or two keywords to query the database. However, optimizing for voice content can be of as many texts as possible.
5. Embed long-term keyword into the long-form content:
No doubt, voice queries are usually longer than text-based questions. Google voice search often pull the answer from a page. In most cases, the answers are pulled up from webpages with long-tail keyword. To optimize your content for voice search, you must be willing to research longtail keyword people are searching in your niche and then, optimize your contents towards that aspect. That’s not to say you will exclude the other type of keywords from your content. Just ensure longtail keywords are frequently used while crafting content for voice SEO.
6. Beef up your domain Authority:
Site with lots of backlinks rank well in Google voice search system. Google frequently lean of website high with domain authority for information. Page authority has its place in Google voice search ranking.
However, it’s less relevant when compared to the recognition domain authority has in Google voice search. In recent times, domain with near me has gained influence than the one-word domain. Buying a searchable domain can be a great way of enhancing your site domain authority. When your site domain has a higher power,Google considers it more for ranking.
7. Rank Video in search results:
If you’ve taken your time to check Google search latest feature, you will realize that the search engine operator now features Video as one of the results to serve users search intent. That feature symbolizes something. It’s an indication that Video is playing good role in providing information to people. Video has become a big part of Google strategy for answering voice search queries. It marks part of the video relevant to searcher queries. Once an item pertains to users queries, the video aspect becomes highlighted and return to clients.
8. Increase your website speed:
Google voice ranks lighter website higher than heavy ones. The size of your website will determine how Google finds your website and matches it with users intent. If you must earn Google voice ranking price, you must be willing to work on the site loading and response time.There are lots of tools that help check the fastness of your website. There are some reliable ones you can confidently use to assess your site speed performance. It gives you detailed information about the size of your website and how every page is responding to Google queries.
Think about this: what are the benefits of implementing those stated strategies? Is there any significant reward for budgeting some funds on such strategies? I understand your curiosity. People around you may not be getting results. However, that shouldn’t form part of your thought.What if they aren’t deploying some tactics? What if they are lazy about the entire voice search ranking process? What if those individuals are using the wrong tools for optimization? There are many “what-if” questions surrounding such individuals comments. With your creativity and ability to use an on-site SEO tool,you’re closer to seeing your website ranked on Google search engine front page.
So, let’s move quickly to the benefits of optimizing your website for voice search. Truthfully, there are several benefits of preparing your Web contents for voice search ranking. However, it’s good to inform you that only a few of them are genuinely significant. Below are the best advantages you can derive from optimizing your site for voice search SEO.
- Time-Saving: As more activity competes for people’s time, various individuals are seeking for the best way to get things done. Search the web for quality information features on their priority list. Voice search is an SEO trend that saves internet users the stress and time of surfing many people to get a two-line explanation. It’s enhancing search engines user experience. So, if you’re optimizing your content for voice SEO, you will also be joining the league of people who are improving user experience on the web.
- It helps drive traffic: Businesses which implements voice SEO strategies are known for attracting tons of internet traffic to their page every day. When Google voice assistant responds to user queries, it increases the click-through rate of the link providing such an answer. Through this, a multiple numbers of internet users can be landed on a brand website for further information.
- Outpacing your competitors: Google voice assistant is an excellent competitive advantage. It ensures that entrepreneurs have an edge over competitors. Only a few businesses have jumped on the bandwagon of this SEO type. By optimizing your content for Voice search, you will be legging up competition in your business niche. Voice search optimization is indeed the best way to stand out on the web today.
WHO NEEDS VOICE SEARCH OPTIMIZATION ?
Almost everyone needs this latest feature. Once you have something to sell online, you’re free to use this great tool. It ensures that people searching for local services finds you quickly. Also, Voice search optimization increase your chances of becoming visible online. Be sure to include it in your next search engine optimization project.
FINDING THE BEST KEYWORDS FOR VOICE SEARCH OPTIMIZATION
A lot of creative think goes into finding the best keywords for your voice search optimization. It’s good to evaluate the various semantic differences in queries. You must be conscious of the fact that people type and speak to search engine in different patterns. Imagine a search engine user who intends to search for best graphic designer. On keyword, the user can input “ best graphic designers” and hit the query button. However, with voice search, “who are the best graphic designers in Canada” can be the best keyword they are searching for.
The best way to get best search keywords is to evaluate the kind of questions people might be asking about specific keywords.
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES FOR VOICE SEARCH
Three significant forms of content that work perfectly for voice search optimization include :
- Informational intent: This kind of content entails writing guides and how-tos articles that educate people on how to handle specific process. Billions of people are busy searching for the best information that guides them towards the use of devices and lots of services.
- Navigational intent: Making your content around NAP (Name, address, and phone numbers), press releases about specific products or your services are beautiful ways of getting your site ready for voice search.
- Transnational intent: These keywords reflect a strong transnational intent on the part of the searcher.When searchers are making some purchase decision, they can search for information regarding the product or services before making the final buying decision.